CATS THAT QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM:
ADVANTAGES TO HAVING AN OUTDOOR CAT:
- Cats who are under-socialized and fearful of people
- Cats who don’t want physical contact with people
- Cats who prefer the companionship of other cats instead of people
- Cats who are accustomed to being outside and cannot adjust to life indoors
WHAT YOU MUST PROVIDE:
- Cats are spayed/neutered, so they can no longer reproduce
- Cats have set territories and will discourage new cats from coming onto the property
- Cats will keep the mice and other vermin population low
- You will be giving a deserving cat a home
- Barn, workshop, or other outdoor building with indoor/outdoor access
- Willingness to confine cat inside building for a minimum of two weeks with food, water, and litter box — this helps them to become accustomed to their new home so they don’t run away
- Daily supply of dry cat food and fresh water
- Monitoring the well-being and safety of the cats
If you or anyone you know is able to provide these deserving cats with a outdoor location to call home, please complete our Working Cats Contact Form and return it to us. Our adoption staff with be in touch with you ASAP.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us at 715-486-5140 or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in giving a kitty a home!