To learn more:
Contact Bill Heiting
Marshfield Area Community Foundation
P.O. Box 456
Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449
Was held at our new location at 3500 Downwind Drive on Thursday, Aug 15.
Together we have achieved many great things for our organization, our community and especially our animals and now we celebrate another significant accomplishment.
MAPS Breaks Ground on New Facility - Article by OnFocus
Our New Facility
The new facility will be designed with present and future needs in mind.
- Eight separate cage free cat colonies for adoptable felines
- Outdoor 'Catio' for felines to enjoy the outside
- Large canine kennels with direct access to outside exercise area
- Get acquainted room for adopters and pets
- Separate entrance for admission of animals to the shelter
- Spacious one vehicle garage with additional space for much needed storage
- Private, secure room for night drop of animals from law enforcement
- Two separate isolation rooms for both dogs and cats
- Large lobby/reception area to welcome visitors
- Community room for meetings, training, education and community events
- State-of-the-art HVAC system to promote animal health
- Second story with extra bathroom, staff break room and extra storage
- September 2011, a small group of dedicated men and women turned their passion into a purpose. They loved animals and wanted to make our community a safer, healthier place for pets and people alike.
- February 2012, the Marshfield Area Pet Shelter was created as a non-profit organization to promote the humane treatment of animals and provide protection, care and shelter for unwanted and homeless animals.
- January 2013, we acquired a parcel of land in the Air Business Park on Marshfield’s south side at the end of the cul-de-sac on Downwind Drive to build our new home.
- October 2013, volunteers renovated an empty space inside the Marshfield Mall so we could have a physical presence in our community. We began housing adoptable cats there in February 2014. The space is now known as our Adoption Center.
- June 2015, we retrofitted an old airport terminal building at 210 W 29th Street to begin taking in Marshfield's stray animals for the city. Currently, we operate within two separate locations: our intake shelter on 29th Street and our Adoption Center inside Marshfield Mall.
- 2019: Now it's time to build a new facility where we can efficiently care for our community's most vulnerable population and provide safe and humane care for all the animals we adore.